2018 has continued to be a year of improvement and achievement. Workspace maintains its ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems and ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management Systems. We have had this certification for over 11 years; meaning we value our quality and environmental processes.
Workspace was among the first furniture manufacturers in Australia to be certified, (October 1991) and is currently operating an Environmental Management System which is independently certified by TQCS International.
Maintaining the ISO series certification is:
- important for our business
- important for our staff
- important for our clients
- important for project management
Having the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 positions Workspace to design and implement our products and services to our clients across different industries and sectors. Our clients want to know that they are dealing with a quality company and an environmentally responsible organisation – and they are.
Quality activities include:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (10 Years)
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System (10 Years)
- Continuous Improvement
- Plan for Continuous Improvement
- Monitoring customer feedback
- Data & Statistics
- FSC – Chain of Custody
Quality activities have a direct link to our ‘Customer Centered Approach’
Highlights for 2018 include:
- Continuous Improvement
- 19 Quality Activities; resulting in improvements to (indicators):
- 9 Processes
- 3 Systems
- 5 Forms
- 1 Suppliers
- 1 Complaint
- Continuous Improvement Form used to document and check progress of activity
- Plan for Continuous Improvement used for projects with results
- Efficiencies and cost savings developed across different indicators
There is a link between quality improvement and environmental management and the examples are changes to our waste management. We have better segregation of waste types (wood, plastic, cardboard) which leads to greater savings for the company and less waste going to landfill. Also the installation of the new lights (LED) in the 12,500m2 factory and showroom in Adelaide means savings per year on lighting costs. There is also 60%-80% reduction in CO2 emissions from energy savings equating to over 176 tons of CO2 by changing our lights over to LED. Also the feedback from staff about the better quality of lighting has been positive.
Workspace is committed to enhancing our performance next year with more furniture industry specific certifications.
All staff across Workspace contribute to the performance and success of our quality and environmental program.
Quality Assurance Coordinator