Workspace Commercial Furniture has a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approach. Our approach is voluntary and is discussed and agreed at senior management level.
When companies assume responsibility, it’s not just employees and customers that benefit – the whole of society is involved.
We are delighted to announce that Workspace has been awarded the Silver rating for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for 2020. We show that our words are not just empty promises and that we turn our words into action and is confirmed by achieving a higher overall score than last year! We have increased our CSR performance from 56 to 62. This exciting result places Workspace among the top 25% performers evaluated by EcoVadis!
The achievement underlines the relentless efforts of our teams dedicated to leading our industry forward in Corporate Social Responsibility.
At Workspace, we use EcoVadis as one of the leading external references for continual improvement and we are determined to progress further in the future.
Our CSR business practices involve initiatives that benefit society. Our CSR can encompass a wide variety of tactics. We also assess and take responsibility for the Company’s effects on environmental and social wellbeing.
Workspace CSR approach include:
- Environmental efforts
- Ethical labour practices
Workspace CSR initiatives include:
- Improving environmental performance in the community
- reducing waste water in drains
- waste management system and recycling
- cardboard to paper resource recovery company
- timber and organic material for composting
- plastics to plastics resource recovery company
- reducing noise and not operating loud machinery and vehicles before 7:00am
- pest control as municipal regulations
- Children’s Medical Research – cancer – donation
- Sponsoring children
- Scholarship – students (Design Industry Australia) & (University of South Australia)
- Donate fabric off-cuts to pre-schools rather than going to general waste and landfill