About Us // Quality Policy
Quality Management System
Workspace operates a Quality Management System which is independently certified by TQCS International for conformance to ISO 9001: 2015.
The company was among the first furniture manufacturers in Australia to be certified, in October 1991.
Workspace Quality Policy
The company Quality Policy states:
Workspace Commercial Furniture Pty Ltd, and Workspace Manufacturing Pty Ltd manufacture and supply a wide range of furniture products, principally for the commercial markets, in Australia and overseas.
The focus of the Company’s activities at all times is total customer satisfaction, and to achieve that we will:
- Continually work towards improving our manufacturing processes and products so that we meet the requirements of our customers and for the continued profitability of the company.
- Ensure our employees are trained and competent for the work they perform.
- Continually strive to reduce the product return rate or customer complaint rate to zero.
- Strive to deliver on time for all customers.
- Comply with and continually improve the effectiveness of our quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001: 2015.
This policy is basic to the Workspace plan for its operation and future development, and all employees at all levels are encouraged to share in the responsibility for achieving this result.
As part of each employee’s induction, a copy of this policy is provided, together with the training necessary to ensure that the company’s objectives and targets are achieved.
Product Testing and Certificates
Workspace is a member of Furntech / AFRDI (Australian Furnishing Research and Development Institute) whose Blue & Green Tick product certification scheme is the recognised standard throughout the Australian furniture industry.
Many of the company’s products are certified by AFRDI for compliance with relevant Australian and international Standards – copies of current certificates are available from Workspace, or from the Furntech website.
The Workspace standard product guarantee warrants its products to be free from faults in workmanship and materials for a period of 10 years from the date of manufacture.
This is specified in the Terms and Conditions of Sale, a copy of which will be provided on request.
Chief Executive Officer
21 May 2019